Does your child need help in preparing for their Year 6 SATs exams?
In Year 6 your child will be assessed in both maths and English.
At Swift Tutors we recognise how crucial these tests are for ensuring that they make massive progress during their important transition from Year 6 to Year 7.
This transition from primary school to secondary education is a significant part of your child’s education.
5 Top Tips for Swift Success in the English SATs
- use a highlighter when reading questions to make key assessment words stand out so that your child knows whether to explain, comment, copy, quote, refer etc
- always look carefully at the marks awarded for an answer
- encourage your child to keep referring closely back to the text to ensure that they develop positive study habits – the text holds the answers for the comprehension task
- encourage your child to create their own synonyms dictionary so that they can identify similar words when reading a text. This will help unlock the answers
- ensure that they read for 30 minutes each day