Revising for any examination can be hard and often students question how they can best revise for their English Language or Literature exam, maths or science.There are many handy tips that can assist you on your route to achieving a 5, 6, 7 or a level 8/9.
You will need to use a number of strategies to fully empower yourself to smash your English, maths or science exams and attain top marks.
- First – identify what type of learner you are by asking yourself some key questions or trying an online test to identify your learning style such as the VARK questionnaire.
2. Think about and design your own revision aids and tools. A combination of approaches will be most beneficial as it stops you getting bored and losing your focus on revison topics.
3. Involve a friend or family member and start a Q & A session and mark your scores on an answer sheet.
4. Create your own flashcards or print some out from websites like Quizlet and ask yourself questions or work with a study pal.
5. Design some posters including some colour and visual cues such as key quotes that could be colour-coded.
6. Use mind maps, diagrams, graphs, charts and bullet points on your revision guides to help prompt your memory.
7. Use visualisation techniques to help memorise keys facts, quotes or topic essentials.
8. Watch presentations, online videos or PowerPoints on your chosen topic of study.
9. Make detailed yet concise notes from text books and your own class notes.
10. Listen to revisionrecordings before you sleep to help stimulate your mind’s memory.