This course is designed to fully prepare Year 4 and 5 pupils for the 11+ examination. Our 2 hour sessions cover all the key areas of study including a special focus on exam strategy and timing. Groups range from 2 – 10 and never exceed 10 pupils per session to ensure that each group retains its small, hands on and individually tailored feel. We use a variety of materials including actual grammar school test papers, a range of activities from the recommended 11+ expert books including Bond, Letts, CGP as well as a wide range of materials that have been specifically created to meet the academic requirements of this test based on our own expertise and educational expertise incorporating detailed comprehension tasks, creative writing strategies and planning sheets, lots of handy maths strategies and approaches to verbal and non-verbal reasoning questions.
We run 11+ mock exams throughout the year which really help to hone children’s timing and organization skills in preparation for this test.
- Verbal Reasoning
- Non-verbal Reasoning
- Exam strategy, problem solving and timing
- Creative writing: planning, structure, plot features, characterization and how to use effective literary techniques
- Reading comprehension skills that are honed through thorough and consistent demonstration of how to answer the higher mark questions in a detailed way
- How to approach CEM style multiple choice questions
- The importance of sentence structure and sentence openers
- SPAG skills.